What Is Amazon Student?
January 21, 2016 - Kindle Unlimited
Amazon offers a half-price chronicle of a Prime membership module to U.S. college students. Like a customary membership, Amazon Student provides entrance to giveaway shipping and a accumulation of other Amazon-specific services and deals. If we are a tyro who buys from Amazon and uses, or is meddlesome in, a other online services, a $49 cost might be a good deal. One approach to find out either it’s value it for we is by signing adult for a giveaway (though somewhat limited) six-month trial.
Q.: What is Amazon Prime?
A.: Amazon Prime is an annual subscription module that provides several advantages for members. Subscribers are authorised for giveaway two-day (and, in some cases, one-day) shipping on many equipment and other smoothness perks. Members also get total streaming video and music, as good as special offers on other digital media. (For all of a sum on Prime, see a complete Amazon Prime FAQ.) Prime advantages embody a following:
- Prime Now: Free 2-hour smoothness (and bonus 1-hour delivery) for tens of thousands of products from internal stores in select cities, regulating a special Android or iOS app.
- Prime Photos: Unlimited print storage in Amazon Cloud Drive.
- Prime Pantry: Low-priced grocery, domicile and pet caring equipment delivered for a prosaic price of $5.99 for any Prime Pantry practical box (up to 45 pounds of goods).
- Video diversion discounts: 20 percent off new diversion discs during preorder and for dual weeks after release.
- Prime Early Access: 30-minute early entrance to Lightning Deals on Amazon.com and new sales on MyHabit.com.
- Kindle First: Free entrance (before a central recover date) to a new book from Kindle First picks any month.
- Kindle Owners’ Lending Library: Hundreds of thousands of Amazon’s Kindle e-books are accessible for a giveaway one-month checkout. (Note: This perk is not accessible to Amazon Student members during a six-month giveaway trial.)
- Prime Instant Video: Unlimited streaming of tens of thousands of cinema and TV episodes, including Amazon’s strange shows and comparison HBO content. (Note: This is not accessible to Amazon Student members during a six-month giveaway trial.)
- Prime Music: Unlimited, ad-free entrance to some-more than 1.5 million songs. Users can tide on direct or concede Amazon to name songs formed on their ambience (as with Pandora). (Note: This is not accessible to Amazon Student members during a six-month giveaway trial.)
Q.: What is Amazon Student?
A.: Amazon Student offers a same advantages as unchanging Amazon Prime ($99 per year), during a discount. It is accessible to students enrolled in during slightest one category in a college or university in a United States (including Puerto Rico as good as online universities).
Q.: How most does Amazon Student cost?
A.: Amazon Student costs $49 per year, after a giveaway (limited) six-month hearing period. Verified students (you have to have an .edu email address) are authorised for 4 years or until graduation — whichever comes first. After that, a membership will auto-renew itself during $99 per year. Students contingency compensate taxation on a membership if they live in Arizona, California, Florida, Kentucky, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, West Virginia or Wisconsin.
Q.: Is there a catch?
A.: You can’t share your membership with others in your household, as we can with a customary Prime subscription. Also, during a six-month giveaway trial, students do not have entrance to any of Amazon’s Prime Music, Prime Instant Video and Kindle Lending Library. (Prime Photos and discounts on new video diversion releases are enclosed in a giveaway hearing period.)
Q: What if we wish music, video and Kindle offerings now?
A.: You can pointer adult for a paid subscription during any time; we don’t have to wait for a six-month hearing to end.
Q.: Are there other special advantages for students?
A.: Amazon Student has a mention module that pays $5 to both a tyro being referred and a tyro who refers them. Amazon has requirements for how we broach a invite to a associate student, by pity a couple on amicable media or regulating Amazon’s email form to send a invite.
Q.: Are there other bill options for Amazon Prime?
A.: Amazon Households allows dual adults to share membership benefits, so it could be an choice for tyro roommates, though it saves usually a dollar.
Q.: Which equipment get giveaway shipping with Amazon Prime?
A.: Most equipment that Amazon sells directly or by “qualified sellers” are authorised for giveaway two-day shipping with Amazon Prime. Some of those products are also authorised for giveaway one-day shipping. Oversize items, such as complicated seat or incomparable TVs, get giveaway customary shipping. Items sole by third parties (via Amazon Marketplace) are incompetent for Prime shipping discounts.
Q.: What’s a evidence opposite subscribing to Amazon Student?
A.: You might not need Prime for giveaway shipping; purchases that surpass $35 already get giveaway delivery. If we are happy with other streaming video or song services we allow to (such as Hulu, Netflix, Apple Music or Spotify), Amazon’s media offerings might not yield we with adequate additional offerings. (Check Amazon Prime’s video and music listings to see.) The same is loyal if we don’t review e-books, or if we use another reader, such as Apple iBooks.
Q.: How can we pointer adult for Amazon Student?
A.: If we don’t have an Amazon account, start by environment one up. It’s free, though we will have to register a credit label so that Amazon has a approach to assign we for purchases.
You’ll also have to determine that we are a student. A college-issued email residence finale in .edu qualifies you. (It’s only for receiving a acknowledgment email from Amazon and doesn’t have to be a residence we use for your Amazon account.) Otherwise, you’ll have to email Amazon a indicate of a request proof we are a student, such as a twin or a tyro ID. Amazon.com explains a details.
If, during a hearing period, we confirm that Amazon Student isn’t value profitable for, go to your comment (before a hearing duration ends), name Manage Prime Membership and click Do Not Continue.
- Amazon Prime Streaming Guide: Best Movies and TV Shows
- Netflix vs. Hulu vs. Amazon Prime: Streaming Showdown
- Tom’s Guide Deals: Big Super Bowl TV Sales and More