How to get inexpensive books online
September 2, 2014 - Kindle Unlimited
I sat shaft honest in bed recently with a terrible thought: Even if we live to be 100, I’ll never have adequate time to examination all a books on my (ever growing) list.
So, I’ve turn cruel in my reading habits. In years past, we wouldn’t have dreamt of giving adult on a book median through. But now, if it’s not doing it for me: sayonara.
It’s most easier to pitch a book we haven’t paid most (or anything) for. Otherwise, you’re stranded reading out of pristine waste-avoidance guilt.
Here are some ways to get your hands on books for giveaway or cheap, so we can examination with abandon.
• Kindle app. You don’t need a Kindle device to examination a some-more than 2 million books digitally accessible from Amazon. The Kindle app, that is free, can be downloaded to your smartphone, iPad, Mac or personal computer. Once we buy a book, we can entrance it from anywhere a app is installed. Even if we skip from device to device, you’ll never remove your page since a app automatically synchs to a farthest place you’ve read.
• Free Kindle books. Go to Amazon.com, hunt “free Kindle books” and you’ll get tens of thousands of results. If sifting by them is overwhelming, corkscrew down a left side of a page to labour your formula according to genre, author, recover date, normal patron examination or reader age. You can even select by “book novella moods” (action-packed, humorous, racy) or “book poser characters” (female protagonists, British detectives).
If a book you’re looking for is a classical or in a open domain, you’re roughly certain to find it free. Oh, and if we possess a excite and have a Prime membership, there are some-more than 350,000 titles we can steal from a Kindle Owner’s Lending Library.
• The open library. Of course! You can haven and replenish books online, have books eliminated from one library bend to another and steal digital books and audiobooks to examination on your Kindle, Nook, iPad, smartphone or computer.
• Scribd. This digital subscription use gives total entrance to some-more than 500,000 e-books that can be examination on any digital device regulating a Scribd app. Subscriptions are $8.99 per month. At that price, we can toss a book after one page!
• Oyster. Another digital subscription service, Oyster gives total entrance to half a million titles for $9.95 per month. It has books from powerhouse publishers HarperCollins and Simon Schuster, as good as books from smaller edition companies such as McSweeney’s and Rodale Books.
• Kindle Unlimited. The latest subscription service, Kindle Unlimited offers some-more than 600,000 ebooks and audiobooks for $9.99 per month. But so far, it doesn’t have books from some of a biggest publishers, including Hachette, HarperCollins, Simon Schuster, Macmillan, and Penguin Random House.
Scribd, Oyster and Kindle Unlimited any offer a one-month trial. Spend a tumble perplexing them all out, and reading for free.
Got money-saving tips or questions? E-mail me, firstname.lastname@example.org, follow me on Twitter, @DiscountDivaSam or “like” me on Facebook, www.Facebook.com/DiscountDiva.